We believe that leadership is the capacity to mobilize oneself and others to work collaboratively to bring about change for the betterment of society. Leadership is everyone’s option and everyone’s responsibility; leadership is action, not position. Leadership requires ethical and socially responsible behavior as well as the complex cognitive and personal abilities fostered in the liberal arts. We believe that all students have the potential to engage in acts of leadership.
The academic and co-curricular programs of Moravian’s Leadership Center share six specific goals:
- Teach diverse forms of leadership
- Increase civic engagement
- Promote global awareness
- Explore leadership through cooperative and interdisciplinary learning
- Provide faculty development opportunities related to leadership
- Encourage student scholarship as leadership